Betadine, povidone-iodine, is a common veterinary formula for irrigating wounds and disinfecting wounds, burns, ulcers, etc. It’s notable for its brown coloring, from the iodine component. It’s used to disinfect wounds and to prep the skin for surgery.
Betadine can be used for mite removal, cage and decor cleaning.
Derma GeL® - Unsurpassed Wound Care and Infection Control.
Derma GeL® is an isotonic hydrogel made of high-molecular-weight polymers that promotes wound healing in all animal species: horses, dogs, cats, livestock, birds, reptiles and exotics.
Derma GeL® ensures: bacteriostatic properties, moist environment, soothing effect, healing process enhancers, insect repellent feature and a protective layer (no secondary dressing or bandage required). The unrivaled efficacy of this combination reduces drastically the healing time by 60% leading to fewer product applications.
- Best wound care | Round-the-clock unsurpassed total wound care
- Best infection control | Bactericidal and bacteriostatic
- Best wound protection | No secondary dressing required + insect repellent feature
- Best results | Minimal scarring, no excessive tissue granulation (proud-flesh), no hair discoloration on regrowth
- Best "ALL in ONE" first aid product | Extending the "golden period" for suturing beyond 8 hours
- Best packaging | Handy tube & flip-top cap + tube box in 7 languages
WHERE TO USE ?
Derma GeL® provides excellent support following trauma or surgeries, where a primary wound closure is not possible.
Derma GeL® is an excellent dressing, especially where bandaging is not possible due to the location of the wound. Additionally, the specific hydrocolloid texture of Derma GeL® ensures the gel will not run off the treated surface (e.g. vertical wounds without bandage).
The gel is useful for:
Large areas, deep open wounds, accidental or surgical lesions (either under a bandage or uncovered). Ideal when the location of the wound doesn't allow suturing or bandaging.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Daily cleanse affected area with warm water or a saline solution only, so as to preserve epithelial cells from irritation. Apply generously two or three times a day, as needed. To help prevent skin proliferation, extend application to the surrounding area.