Mazuri® Insectivore Diet-an extruded feed designed to simulate the high protein, high fiber diet of insectivorous animals. Tested in a wide range of mammals, birds, reptiles & amphibians as a replacement for all/some of the insect component of the diet.
- Designed to be complete and balanced for insectivores - No supplementation necessary.
- Highly fortified - May be fed with fruits, greens, etc.
- Contains fish oil - Rich source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains lecithin – Rich source of phospholipids.
- Contains high fiber - Helps simulate the chitin component of the insectivore’s diet.
- Contains pigments - For healthy feather pigmentation.
- Contains taurine - At levels that meet recommendations for carnivores.
- Highly palatable.
Product Size: 3 lb. paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
- Feed to insectivores at a rate of at least 50% of their daily dry matter intake. Feed intake will vary based on animal body size and lifestage, level of activity and environmental temperature.
- Initially, soaking Mazuri® Insectivore diet in water (2 parts water:1 part dry diet) may help to transition animals that are used to soft/moist diets.
- After 1-2 weeks on soaked diet, move to 1 part water:1 part dry diet, and 1-2 weeks later, offer dry diet.
- If moistened, replace diet twice a day.
- If feeding live insects to the animal, ensure insects are gut loaded prior to feeding out.
For best results, tightly affix lid on canister after removal of desired dosage or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.