Mazuri® Small Tortoise Diet LS is a high fiber diet designed for smaller tortoise species, omnivorous reptiles - such as iguanas and uromastyx - and omnivorous turtles (box turtles).
High fiber level, grass hay based - Multiple fiber sources used to stimulate natural diets.
- Extruded, smaller particle than typical tortoise diets - Minimizes waste and creates a more natural feeding environment.
- Less than 10% starch content.
Contains yucca shidigera extract - Shown to reduce aerosol ammonia in animal facilities.*
- Complete nutrition - No vitamin or mineral supplementation needed for omnivorous and herbivorous species.
Added vitamin D - Supports proper bone development.
Added flax seed - Rich source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.
Contains live probiotics cultures - May support development of GI tract.
Contains natural vitamin E, stabilized form of vitamin C and beta-carotene.
Product Size: 6 oz resealable poly bag
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
- Feed animal’s approximately 1-4% of body weight per day, on a dry matter basis.
- Feed consumption will vary with environmental temperatures, level of activity and animal life stage.
- Mazuri® Small Tortoise Diet LS should be a quarter to half (25 to 50%) of the total daily intake, with grasses and produce for the remaining portion.
- It may be necessary to soften Mazuri® Small Tortoise Diet LS with water until the animals become acclimated to the diet. If moistened, the diet should be replaced at least twice daily.
- Provide animals with good quality fresh grass, or hay for small tortoises.
- Fresh produce food items - greens, vegetables and fruits - may be included in the daily food offering, but should be no more than half (50%) of the total diet.
- Fruit or high sugar vegetables: Offer no more than 5% by weight of total diet.
- Use vegetables and greens low in oxalate like kale, turnip greens, and squash until the animals become acclimated to diet.
- Always provide animals with plenty of fresh, clean water. Proper humidity levels are also critical for health and proper growth of herbivorous.*
*Relevant research information: Wiesner, C.S. and C. Iben, 2003. Influence of environmental humidity and dietary protein on pyramidal growth of carapaces in African spurred tortoises (Geochelone sulcate). JAPAN. 87:66-74.
For best results, store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool 75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location