- Reduces stress
- Arboreal nesting shelter
- Perfect for tree dwelling reptiles and amphibians
- Closable spyhole
- Provides a humid micro-climate for hiding, shedding and egg-laying
- Convenient, self-adhesive clip-system
The Exo Terra Canopy Cave creates a multi-level habitat. Tree-dwelling reptiles and amphibians are often reluctant to use ground-level caves for hiding or nesting. A proper hiding area is an essential feature of a natural terrarium. Without a safe spot to hide and sleep reptiles and amphibians will easily develop stress that will effect their activity and appetite. Stressed reptiles are able to retreat in this elevated and secure hide-out, experiencing the opportunity to regain their strength. When filled with Exo Terra’s Forest Moss, the Canopy Cave is extremely suitable as a moist nesting hide for tree dwelling reptiles and amphibians to deposit their eggs. A convenient clip-system allows you to remove the hide and check for your animals or their eggs without compromising their nesting behavior. A static-cling is included to cover the spyhole and darken the interior of the cave to provide more privacy to the residing animal in order to prevent stress. The spyhole allows you to check your animals or their eggs without disturbing them by simply detaching the upper 1/3 of the static cling, taking a peek, and than restoring the static cling in it’s original position.
- Clean the surface of the terrarium glass.
- With the protective backing still intact, place the Self-adhesive Clip to determine its final position.
- Mark the position with a wax pencil or other marker.
- Remove the protective backing and carefully fit the Self-adhesive Clip within the marked area.
- Make sure the tape is pressed evenly against the terrarium glass and that no air bubbles are showing.
- Press the self-adhesive part firmly against the glass panel for at least 30 seconds
- Wait a few moments and make sure the tape is attached firmly to the terrarium before suspending the Canopy or Elevated product.