Mega-Ray, always the first the first "real" 70 Watt Mercury Vapor Reptile Bulb and is the SMALLEST and best-in-class self-ballasted light that creates superior levels of UVA and UVB light. Provide your reptile with light that allows them to synthesize Vitamin D3 and prevents metabolic bone disease. It's the only bulb to use our exclusive translucent magnesium oxide inner coating in the world, providing the necessary visible light, UVB, UVA and heat for UVB- dependent basking reptiles. For 15 years, Mega-Ray Bulbs have been shown to have the longest lasting UVB production of any other mercury vapor bulbs available.
- Fits easily into even the smallest 5" domes including the wire dome For Easy Placement On Even Small Enclosures
- 70 Watt, 120V Bulb is perfect for reptiles, amphibians, and avian enclosure from 20 gallon sizes and up.
- Self-ballasted mercury vapor bulb.
- Optimal levels of UVB, UVA, visual light and heat in one bulb. But we still believe in multiple lighting and heating.
- Produces similar amounts of UVB to natural sunlight.
- For 10 years, it has been shown to have the longest lasting UVB production of any other mercury vapor bulbs available.
- Promotes the synthesis of Vitamin D3 and prevents metabolic bone disease.
- 70 Watt Bulb - MINIMUM distance setting of 6" will produce approximately 100-125 microwatts per square centimeter(uW/cm2) of UVB and 900-1200uW/cm2 of UVA.
MAXIMUM distance setting of 18" will produce 30-50 microwatts per square centimeter (uW/cm2) of UVB. (Distance is measured from lamp face to reptile for optimum UVB while additional heat may need to be added depending on your husbandry.)