Zilla Rapid Sense UV Detecting Crocodile Skull
- ? ENSURES PROPER UVB LEVELS — Reptiles and amphibians need UVB light for their health. The Rapid Sense Decor Poplar Log allows you to check the UVB levels ensuring your pet has what they need to stay healthy and thrive.
- ? ELIMINATES GUESSWORK — It lets you know it may be time to change the bulb. When you expose the Rapid Sense indicator to a UVB bulb, the indicator changes color to show the current UVB output of the bulb.
- ? INTERACTIVE DECOR FOR YOUR PET — Gives your pet reptile a place to hide or bask.
- ? ADDS A POP OF COLOR — The design includes accents that fluoresce under a black light (often used at night) to add a pop of color and visual interest to the terrarium.
- ? BLENDS INTO TERRARIUM DECOR — The Rapid Sense Decor Poplar Log matches the style of the terrarium, blending into your reptile's habitat.
- ? HOW TO USE - Hold the indicator under a UVB bulb for about 30 seconds. Then compare the color you see on the indicator to the color shown on the chart in the decor's instructions. If the indicator is below your pet's healthy range, it's time to replace the bulb.
Reptiles need UVA to regulate their day-night activities and UVB to help synthesize vitamin D3 and maintain healthy calcium levels. Without enough UVB, they're in danger of developing nutritional diseases that can be fatal.
The Rapid Sense Decor Poplar Log lets you easily ensure your pet reptile receives the proper UVB levels for optimal health. When exposed to light, the Rapid Sense Decor indicator changes color, allowing you to check the UVB levels, making it easy to know when it's time to change the bulb.
The poplar log design also fits beautifully with your terrarium, providing spots for your pet to bask in the UVB light or hide if they need more privacy. The log's natural-looking design includes accents that fluoresce under a black light to add a pop of color. On top of that, its non-porous surface is easy to clean.
What's in the box?
- Zilla Rapid Sense UV Detecting Pet Reptile Terrarium Decor, Poplar Log, Large
nstructions for Use
The Rapid Sense Decor indicator is in a different location depending on whether you have the medium- or large-size Poplar Log. The indicator is located underneath the reusable feeding cup on the large size. The medium size has the indicator on the underside of the decor.
To check the UVB levels, hold the indicator under a UVB bulb for about 30 seconds. Then compare the color you see on the indicator to the color shown on the chart in the decor's instructions. If the indicator is below your pet's healthy range, it's time to replace the bulb. Do not leave Rapid Sense indicator exposed to UV for longer than the 30 seconds to check. Do not clean Rapid Sense indicator with any cleaning products other than soap and water.