Chlorhexidine 2% Solution 473 mL
Aimed at cleaning and disinfecting reptile and amphibian habitats,
Chlorhexidine 2% Solution is both safe and easy to use.
Chlorhexidine 2% Solution is a safe, widely used disinfectant, and is used in veterinary hospitals and zoos the world over as a disinfectant. Chlorhexidine is also one of the disinfecting agents in mouthwash, as well as a surgical scrub and wound cleanser in hospitals.
Chlorhexidine gluconate binds to the cell membrane of bacteria, causing all bacterial reproduction to stop, and killing the bacteria. Chlorhexidine gluconate is particularly effective against such bacteria as Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus dysgalactiae, Streptococcus uberis, Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Just mix 1oz of Chlorhexidine 2% Solution to 1 gallon of water. Spray diluted Chlorhexidine 2% Solution on an impermeable surface, such as glass or plastic. Allow to soak for 5 minutes, then rinse and wipe dry.
Chlorhexidine 2% Solution is safer to use than other available habitat cleaners. Unlike bleach, Chlorhexidine 2% Solution does not have an odor or fumes that can harm your animals.
Chlorhexidine 2% Solution is a non-toxic, non-irritating agent possessing a wide range of antiseptic and antimicrobial activity against organisms such as bacteria and fungi. It’s safe for use around animals!
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This one small bottle will go a long way, and I only wish I’d bought it sooner. Only mix one oz. with one gallon distilled water. Decant as needed. I’ve used this diluted for the terrariums and accessories. Everything’s good so far. Leaves a bit of a fresh fragrance. I’m happy I made this purchase, my geckos don’t seem to have an opinion. They’re kind of quiet, though. However, I do recommend this product.
Good product, fast delivery
Works great, no harsh or unpleasant smell
It's a bottle of chlorhexidine. Gets the job done. Shipping was fast and secure. Would recommend and probably will purchase again in the future.
It is great, I just wish there was a metric conversion easily available for how to dilute properly. I’m always concerned if I did it properly. (1ml of soliton for 128ml water)
I use this as a disinfectant for my birds. Safe for multiple species. Pleasant non-overpowering scent, easy to dilute.
Used this right after my Ball Python took a poop in the corner of his tank a day after I picked up this product. Then a day later, I checked the spot again and it's almost as if nothing was even there. It's scentless, safe (when diluted) and does the job!! very nice!!
Excellent product, very useful for sanitizing bins or tanks during routine maintenance.
I have a dog with extreme issues with allergies and yeast after having been on antibiotics at the shelter. Needed something to help that was not going to cost a fortune and this will. Thank you so much for having this available.